If there are less visual mods in this guide than you were expecting/hoping, read the paragraph at the bottom of the Included Mods section from the Introduction page for why that is.
The JSawyer Ultimate Edition and Uncut Wasteland Plus NPCs options are patches for a mods that will be installed later. The game will not launch properly until you install the mods that the patches are for. If you do not plan on installing either of those mods, you should not select them in the FOMOD.
- Greatly improves the faces of many NPCs without making drastic changes that make vanilla NPCs stick out like a sore thumb
- Gives weapons realistic inertia movement
- Allows multiple mods that edit the skeleton mesh to work together, required for B42 Weapon Inertia
- Improves the generic LOD noise texture
- LOD generated through FNVLODGen for use with vanilla textures that allows for objects to be seen from much farther away
This mod will only work with vanilla textures. That means any texture mods you may want to add (such as NMCs or Poco Bueno) will not work with this.
- Gives interiors a more atmospheric and immersive feel
- Vastly improves all the weathers in the game, while still keeping a relatively vanilla-esque feeling
As visual mods are very subjective, not everyone will like Altitude. If you want an alternative, I suggest checking out Nevada Skies. It's a great mod and its fully compatible with the guide if you install it instead of BOTH Altitude and Simple Interior Lighting Overhaul. They can not be used at the same time.
- Enhances the vanilla streetlights and adds new ones around Outer Vegas, Freeside, and more