This step contains only mods that improve the gameplay without making drastic changes or making the game much more difficult. These mods are fully recommended for a first-time playthrough. The next step will contain "overhaul" mods that make the game much harder and more interesting, but are not recommended for a first playthrough.
- An updated and fixed version of the gameplay re-balance mod made by the lead director of the game, Josh Sawyer
- Reworks Boone, Ed-E, and Rexes' companion perks to be less intrusive/annoying
- Places the unique weapons from the Gun Runners' Arsenal DLC throughout the wasteland, rather than them all just being sold by vendors
- Adds a highly-customizable Fallout 4/76-style quick loot menu
- Adds a highly-customizable dynamic crosshair that varies based on your skill, weapon spread, etc
- Adds a highly-customizable FPS-style hit marker
The individual "Just" mods are used instead of Just Assorted Mods because I do not feel like the other mods fit the vanilla-plus style of the guide. If you want all the features of Just Assorted Mods however, you can install it instead of the previous three mods without any issues.
- Increases your movement speed 25% while not in combat
- Adds smooth, realistic, and configurable recoil
- Fixes downward recoil and adds support for JSawyer Ultimate Edition
- Restores many pieces of cut scenery and a few NPCs that were cut because of console limitations